ISD Curriculum Department
The mission of SISD Curriculum Department is to advance continual growth in educators and students.
The Sheldon ISD Curriculum Department provides a rigorous and relevant curriculum, assessments that provide evidence of successful performance, and continuous professional development for the instruction and assessment of that curriculum.
We believe that…
Services and Responsibilities
- All students can learn.
- Decisions are based on what is best for the student.
- The alignment of curriculum, assessment, and instruction promotes student success.
- Rigorous instruction is essential to college and career readiness.
- Authentic learning experiences build transference of knowledge and skills.
- The teacher is the facilitator of learning.
- A successful classroom culture incorporates the daily uses of research-based strategies.
- There is both assessment for learning and assessment of learning.
- Communication and collaboration are the cornerstones of strong instruction.
Through collaboration with principals, teachers, and instructional coaches:
- Organize and develop curriculum documents
- Organize and develop district assessments
Additional services and responsibilities:
- Provide professional development
- Provide feedback to teachers on instructional strategies
- Identify instructional resources
- Lead and mentor instructional coaches
- Develop, implement, and support district initiatives related to content
- Collaborate with principals, instructional coaches, teachers to make data-driven decisions
Christina Matteo - Secondary Language Arts
Krystal Reeves - Secondary Math
Stephanie Bourgeois - Elementary Math
Shannon Jackson - Elementary Science
Saleen Mitchell - Secondary Science
Joni McEvoy - Elementary Language Arts