Everyday Carroll Elementary engage children in activities that stimulate their thinking and add to their knowledge by building on what they already know. That’s why it is important for your child to show up to school every day, on time, and stay the entire day. Regular school attendance is essential for a student to make the most of his or her education. Absences from school may result in serious disruption of a student’s mastery of the instructional materials; therefore, the student and parent should make every effort to avoid unnecessary absences. Our instructional day begins at 8:00 a.m. when the tardy bell rings and lasts until 3:25 p.m. when we begin transitioning for dismissal. Please have your child present by 8:00 a.m. and avoid checking him/her out early so that they will be present for important academic instruction in the classroom.
- The following are campus procedures when students are tardy and/or absent: Students who arrive at 8:00 a,m. will be considered tardy. Parents must sign the student in to the front office.
- Attendance (absence) notes are to be turned into the school within 48 hours of the absence to be excused. You may send the note with your child or bring it to the front office. Please make sure the note contains your child’s entire name, date of the child’s absence, the reason for the absence, and your contact information. If a student has a medical appointment, they are to bring a note from the doctor’s office upon returning to school.
Our campus incentives for attendance may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Free Dress Friday - If students are present all week for each class until the end of the day, they receive “Free Dress Friday” the following week. This excludes the first week of school. Students receive a letter and a wrist band informing students/parents they can be out dress code. The wristband must be worn all day in order to receive free dress.
- "All Day, Every Day” Award each nine weeks - If students are present all day for each class until the end of the day for the nine weeks grading period, students receive an “All Day, Every Day” certificate and recognized at nine week awards ceremony.
- No Tardy Party - If students have not been tardy or left early for the semester, they will attend “No Tardy” party at the end of the day prior to the end of the semester.
- Grade level winners for highest attendance - Each nine weeks, the grade level with the highest attendance award will receive an “Attendance Champs” banner. This grade level will keep the banner the entire nine weeks until the next winner is announced.
- Perfect Attendance Field Trip - Students who have had perfect attendance (no absences) for the year will be able to participate in the Perfect Attendance field trip at the end of the year. These students will also be able to participate in a drawing for one boy/girl youth bike. Students will also be rewarded with a Perfect Attendance award at the end of the year awards.